In the last post where we looked at a lot of different marketing objectives that Facebook can help you achieve. In this tutorial, we will select any one of the campaign objectives and proceed to the next step of creating an Ad Set.
Here’s the video tutorial.
Steps In Creating An Ad Set For Facebook & Instagram Ads
- Page: Select the Facebook page that you will be promoting via this Ad Set.
- Audience: You can create a new audience for this Ad set. You can narrow down to your target audience based on parameters like:
- Demography: Like education, generation, home, life events, parents, politics (US), relationship and work.
- Interest: Like business and industry, entertainment, family and relationships, fitness and wellness, food and drink, hobbies and activities, shopping and fashion, technology, sports and outdoors.
- Behavior: Based on anniversary, consumer classification, digital activities, expats, mobile device users, travel, seasonal and events.
- Connections: Add or remove people who have already interacted with your page, app or events
You can also create Custom Audiences or Lookalike Audiences but that’s a story for another tutorial.
- Placements: You can either decide to leave it at Automatic Placements and let Facebook decide the best ad placement options for you or choose from the following options:
- Device Type: Mobile or Desktop
- Facebook: Feeds, Instant Articles, In-Stream Videos, Right Column
- Audience Network: Facebook’s version of Google’s Display Network
- Specific Mobile Devices & Operating Systems: iOS, Android or Feature Phones
- Show Ads only when the device is connected to WiFi
- Budget & Schedule: You options include
- Daily or Lifetime Budget for the Ad Set
- Bid Amount: Choose between ‘Automatic’ (Facebook decides the best bid for you) or ‘Manual’ bid.
- When You Get Charged: Every campaign objective will have different ways in which you can choose to get charged. Common ones include paying facebook on impressions, clicks, engagement, install and so on.
- Ad Scheduling: Decide if you want to run your Ads throughout the day or at a specific time of the day or week.
- Delivery Type: Your options include Standard (which will show your ads throughout your selected ad schedule) or Accelerated (which will try to exhaust your day’s budget as soon as possible).
After finishing these steps you would have successfully created your first Ad Set. Now click ‘Continue’ to go ahead and create your first Ad creative (in the next tutorial).
Please do share this with someone who is trying to learn more about marketing on Facebook.